If you cannot find the news or information that you are looking for on this website, contact us. If you are an accredited member of the media and need information for a story, please visit the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Communications Branch Media Contact page. MTO news releases are available at the Government of Ontario Newsroom website.
New: Schedule Appointments for Select Over-the-Counter Transactions
DriveTest now has the option for customers to schedule appointments for select over-the-counter transactions.
These transactions include:
- Out of Province Driver
- Out of Country Driver
To book an appointment for your DriveTest transaction, email your appointment request indicating the transaction type, your country or province or U.S. state of origin, and preferred appointment date (indicating a.m. or p.m.) to LicenceExAppt@drivetest.ca. In response, you will receive an email confirming your appointment information and advising you of the documents required to complete your scheduled transaction. We will make every effort to accommodate your preferred appointment date. If this cannot be accommodated, the next nearest date will be offered.
Note: This scheduling process is currently only available at the Downsview DriveTest Centre while we assess our customers’ interest in this new initiative.
New: Complete Application Forms Online in Advance of Your Visit to a DriveTest Centre
DriveTest is modernizing to serve you better! We now offer the option to complete application forms online in advance of your visit to a DriveTest Centre. The following transactions are eligible for this option: New Driver, Out of Province Driver, and Out of Country Driver.
To complete an application form online, visit the forms library and follow the instructions listed below. Then simply print the completed form and bring it with you when you visit a DriveTest Centre to complete your transaction.
Using your acceptable identification documents, complete the following sections of the electronic application form, then print a completed copy and bring the form along with your original, acceptable identification to the office to begin your application.
See the Acceptable ID Documents page for a complete list of acceptable identification.
NOTE: The online application form will only work properly if opened with an Adobe Reader 10 or later client. Please do not open this file in a browser.
Section 1 – Driver Information
- List your name exactly as it appears on your acceptable identification. Do not add names or initials that do not appear on your documents.
- Include an Ontario Driver’s Licence number if you were previously licensed in Ontario. If you do not know your Ontario Driver’s Licence number leave the section blank.
- Select your date of birth from the drop down calendar.
- Record the gender shown on your acceptable identification documents.
- Record your height in centimetres.
- Record your full residential mailing address; include an apartment/unit/townhouse number if applicable, under ‘Unit Number.’ Include a direction if applicable. E.g., Main Street East
- Record a mailing address if the licence is to be mailed to another location aside from your residential address listed above.
Section 2 – Questions and Responses
Use your mouse (or tap on touch screen devices) to select the appropriate box.
If you answer “Yes” to Question #2 regarding a medical issue you will be required to enter the medical condition on the Medical Condition line.
If you answer “Yes” to Question #3 and/or Question #4 regarding previous licensing information you will be required to enter your name as listed on your Ontario Driver’s Licence or Ontario Photo Card. You will also be required to enter the jurisdiction and duration of your previous licensing experience outside of Ontario.
Section #3 – Applicant Declaration
- Select the current date from the drop down calendar.
- Ensure your responses and personal information are correct before printing. Once you are sure the information is correct, click PRINT FORM at the bottom left of Page 2.
- Sign the applicant declaration using the same signature as your acceptable identification documents. See the Acceptable ID Documents page for a complete list of acceptable identification.
If you have a question or concern about completing the application form online, please review the frequently asked questions.
New Secure Drop Boxes for Medical Reports!
Eligible users may deposit their medical report form in the secure medical drop box during regular business hours at these participating DriveTest Centres:
Barrie, Belleville, Brampton, Brantford, Burlington, Downsview, Etobicoke, Guelph, Hamilton, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Metro East, Newmarket, Oakville, Orangeville, Oshawa, Ottawa Canotek, Ottawa Walkley, Peterborough, Port Union, St Catharines, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Windsor.
The medical drop box is located in the lobby along with a list of criteria clearly displayed above each drop box. The new secure medical drop boxes will reduce customer wait times and improve the level of customer service provided at the front counter.
No Additional Service Fees
DriveTest does not charge any additional service fees for booking your road test; we charge only fees approved by Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. If using third party booking services, we recommend customers make themselves aware of any additional fees that may be charged. No third parties providing booking services are affiliated with DriveTest.