All of our 92 DriveTest Centres across the province provide the same set of core services designed to help ensure Ontario’s roads remain among the safest in North America. Some of these services are also available online through this website and through our call centre.
At DriveTest, we deliver driver examination services. Most of our work involves driver testing, but we also process commercial driver’s licence renewals.
Driver Examination Services
All DriveTest Centre employees receive comprehensive training before serving customers. We are audited regularly on our adherence to detailed policies and procedures to ensure we deliver services consistently, accurately, and professionally on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO).
Following is a listing of the services that you can obtain through a DriveTest Centre.
- ServiceOntario and MTO deliver driver licensing services as well. For example, ServiceOntario processes regular driver’s licence renewals, and MTO hosts senior driver’s licence renewal sessions.
- If you do not see information on the services you wish to obtain on this website, please visit the Government of Ontario website.
Knowledge test administration:
- Passenger vehicle classes G and M.
- Commercial vehicle classes A, B, C, D, E, F, and Z air brake endorsements.
- New Entrant Education and Evaluation Program (NEEEP) proficiency (for Commercial Vehicle Operators’ Registration (CVOR)).
Road test administration:
- Appointment scheduling.
- Road tests for classes A, B, C, D, E, F, G1, G2, M1, M2, and Z air brake endorsement test.
- Payments for forfeited appointments.
Vision test administration:
- Visual acuity (VA) and horizontal visual field (peripheral vision) for all licence classes.
- Removal of the requirement to wear corrective lenses from licences.
Official Driver’s Handbook sales
Refunds for unused test fees
- Renewals for all commercial classes A, B, C, D, E, F, and the Z air brake endorsement (except class GZ).
- Medical examination reports processing for commercial drivers.
- Licence exchanges from jurisdictions with Ontario reciprocity agreements (i.e., other Canadian provinces and territories, Canadian Forces Europe, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Isle of Man, Japan, Korea, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United States).
- Ontario licence applications for foreign, out of country drivers (credit for previous driving experience).
- Class changes (e.g., from class G to AZ) or downgrades (i.e., when a test is required).
- Certain condition/endorsement additions and removals (e.g., Z air brake endorsements, hand controls) (the ignition interlock restriction can be removed by ServiceOntario only).
- Licence reinstatement (i.e., when a test is required) (fees are paid at ServiceOntario).
- Temporary driver’s licence extensions (for those qualified).
- Driving instructor’s licence applications.
We welcome your comments on all aspects of the services we provide. Please tell us what we are doing well and what we can do to improve by completing a survey on this website or in a DriveTest Centre.