The online road test booking system is designed to enable eligible driver’s licence applicants to book, modify, and cancel road test appointments. Unless otherwise posted, the online road test booking system is available 24 hours, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
With a valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card (VISA debit and MasterCard debit cards are not accepted), you may make appointments with this website up to 24 hours in advance and reschedule or cancel appointments up to 48 hours in advance.
Booking Instructions Help
The following instructions may help you manage your appointments.
Situations Where the Online Booking System Will Not Work
Please note that certain driver’s licence applicants cannot book road test appointments online. If you seek to make or change appointments in any of the following circumstances, please visit a DriveTest Centre or contact us:
- You have an expired or suspended licence.
- You received a letter from the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) requesting that you complete testing (e.g., senior referral from a Group Education Session, customer aged 70+ involved in a collision, medical referral).
- You do not have or do not want to create an email address.
- You attempted a road test within the last 24 hours; please wait 24 hours to schedule your next appointment.
- You have cancelled a road test appointment three times or more.
- You are required to do a test but are not required to pay for the test.
Motorcycle (Class M) road tests are conducted from May to October each year, weather permitting. Appointments for motorcycle road tests become available for booking approximately one month (e.g., in April) prior to motorcycle road test season.
Tips for Beginner Driver Education (BDE) Instructors and Driving Schools
The online road test booking system is designed to enable regular driver’s licence applicants to book road tests independently.
The system expects a unique email address and a unique credit card for each driver’s licence number. Please use the driver’s licence applicant’s email address when booking, changing, or cancelling an appointment, and please notify your credit card company if you will be making multiple payments to DriveTest, possibly within a short timeframe.
Commercial driving schools are encouraged to use DriveTest’s back-to-back block booking service (or send an email to email@example.com) to make appointments for students sharing a commercial vehicle.